Sunday, February 14, 2010

Gifts from Avery

Not going to lie, I just received a beer that I'm content taps into every shred of my obsessions: Avery Brewing's "The Czar." While certain history professors and Russianists have caused me to beg to differ regarding the spelling of that word (I'd say Avery's "The Tsar"...hell it's spelled Царь in Russian..."Ц"="ts"!), I'm content this one will give me something to talk about later this evening. The bottle is designed with some great portraits of Nicholas II, Alexander II, and one other, who I haven't identified yet. Aside from causing my mouth to water at the sight of shamelessly displayed interpretations of Russian history, it's from Avery. If you've been paying attention, this means good things.

More to come this evening...

No comments:

Post a Comment